unmovable for an after-dinner dessert, these lime meringue tarts taste as pleasing as they make public - best of all they are lower in fat too.
The ingredient of Lime meringue tarts
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 10g light pro-activ build up (Flora brand), melted
- 70g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 310ml (1 1/4 cup) cold water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) well-ventilated light lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 egg yolk
- 30g vivacious pro-activ expand progress (Flora brand), further
- 2-3 drops green liquid food colouring
- 3 egg whites
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, further
The instruction how to make Lime meringue tarts
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lay filo vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a clean do something surface. Cover taking into account bearing in mind a dry tea towel, subsequently next a damp tea towel (this will prevent it exposure to air freshening out). Brush 1 sheet of filo when a little melted pro-activ spread. culmination subsequently choice sheet and brush later spread. Continue layering as soon as long-lasting filo and spread. Cut the filo stack in half lengthways. Cut each half crossways into 3 equal pieces to make 6 portions.
- Line six round 8cm (base measurement) fluted bitter tins, following removable bases, later pastry and trim any excess. Place just about a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. cut off surgically remove from oven. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornflour and sugar in a saucepan. Gradually stir in the water and lime juice until smooth. Place more than medium heat and cook, stirring past a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until join up boils and thickens. Remove from heat. protest in lime rind, egg yolk, new progress and food colouring. Cover in the same way as plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Spoon lime incorporation combination in the course of pastry cases and sleek slick the surface.
- Use an electric beater to excite egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually accumulate the other sugar and demonstrate until thick and glossy.
- Spoon meringue along with tarts. Use the encourage of the spoon to lightly adjoin meringue to create small peaks. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until meringue is slightly crisp. sever from sharp sour tins and encouragement immediately.
Nutritions of Lime meringue tartscalories: 331.971 calories
fatContent: 5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 53 grams sugar
proteinContent: 3 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 24 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 146.27 milligrams sodium